Preparing for a Workers Comp Audit
- Prepare for the Premium Audit in the same way your CPA prepares you for an IRS audit - very carefully and thoroughly
- Build an overcharge-proof Audit Package before the auditor arrives
- Double check your Human Resources policies
- Review the most current list of audit "Excluded Renumeration"
- Develop a zero industry culture
- Improve your back to work programs
- What minor job duty or physical plant changes can you make to quality an employee for a lower cost classification?
- After the Audit, complete a Premium Audit Checklist to confirm you're not overpaying
- Get copies of the auditor's worksheets
After the audit, review findings with your Strategic Insurance Solutions, Inc. agent to be sure that you are still not overpaying.